International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology
Wrinkles are broad folds created on the face by the loss of collagen in the skin, developing from the natural aging processes and sun exposure. Wrinkles may occur at rest when the face is not moving or may be magnified with facial expression.
- Wrinkles at rest: minimized by placing a filler substance within in the skin to replace the lost collagen and fat that contribute to the wrinkled appearance.
- Wrinkles in motion: improved through the use of botulinum toxin.
- Wrinkles- small or fine, present around the eyes (crow’s feet) or on the upper part of the cheeks:
- May be due to skin dehydration.
- Best managed by the twice daily application of a moisturizer.
Zoe Diana Draelos, MD
High Point, NC, USA